Problem Solved: The Best Ceiling Fan Balancing Kit Available
If you have a ceiling fan that wobbles, you might be tempted to replace it. But before you do that, try installing a ceiling fan balancing kit. These kits are inexpensive and effective solutions to quiet down an unbalanced fan. In this article, we’ll show you how to install the kit.
A ceiling fan balancing kit helps quiet down a noisy ceiling fan
A ceiling fan balancing kit is a set of weights and a balancing tool. The weight kit is placed on the blade to balance out the weight of the blades, while the balancing tool is used to adjust the weight on each blade. This helps stop noisy vibrations that result from unbalanced fans, which can be annoying if you’re trying to sleep or watch TV in your living room.
Ceiling fan balancing kits are inexpensive, and can be found at most home improvement stores (like Lowes). They’re easy to install, and can be completed in under 15 minutes. In this guide, we’ll show you how to install a ceiling fan balancing kit on any type of ceiling fan.
No products found.
No products found.
Install Ceiling Fan Balancing Kit
You should install a balancing kit if your ceiling fan is wobbling. To do this, you’ll need to purchase a balancing kit at your local hardware store and follow the instructions for installing it.
Ceiling fan balancing kits are inexpensive and effective solutions to quiet down an unbalanced fan. In this article, we’ll show you how to install the kit.
- The first step is buying a ceiling fan balancing kit at your local hardware store or online. It will include everything you need: a balancing kit, balancing bar and instructions for installation.
- Next up is installing your new balancing bar on top of your existing one by screwing it into place with four screws from underneath the fixture (or inside if possible). It should be centered over where the old was placed so that both ends are equal length when viewed head-on from below; this ensures that both sides of rotation will receive equal amounts of weight distribution during use.
Step 1 of 3
- Remove the screws holding the fan blades to the motor.
- Unscrew the fan blades from the motor.
- Remove any screws holding down your mounting bracket, and remove it from your ceiling. This is where you’ll be working on balancing your ceiling fan.
- Remove any screws securing your light kit if applicable, so that you can take it off completely (if not, skip this step).
Step 2 of 3
Install the kit
The balancing kit comes with instructions and a template to guide you through the installation process. If you have trouble reading the instructions or need help installing the kit, contact an electrician.
Step 3 of 3
After you’ve cleaned the blades, it’s time to balance your ceiling fan. The next step is simple: attach the balancing kit to each blade. The kit includes two weights and four screws that can be used for either a light or heavy set of blades respectively. Once you’ve selected which type of weight you need, simply screw them into place with an Allen wrench provided in your kit.
To attach these weights effectively, make sure not to over-tighten them because this could cause damage or even breakage!
- Read Also: How to Clean a Fan in Five Simple Steps?
A little inexpensive kit can help quiet a wobbly ceiling fan
A balancing kit is a simple and inexpensive way to get your ceiling fan spinning smoothly again. The kit includes three weights that are attached to the bottom of each blade by screws, so they will stay put once you’ve installed them. A balancing kit works because it offsets any weight imbalances between blades, which makes them spin in unison instead of wobbling around like crazy (which has been known to terrify small children).
If you don’t have one already, it’s worth buying one now before summer hits full-swing–you’ll be glad you did!
Now that you know how to install a ceiling fan balancing kit, you can enjoy a quiet fan and save some money in the process. If your fan still wobbles after installing this kit, then it might be time to replace it with one that has better balance from the factory.